Monday, October 1, 2007

Dead







After retouching cherries for four hours in order to make them look completely flawless to please a client, I started to question why? Why do we require unrealistic images of perfect fruit to make us perceive the product as being fresh? One of my friends suggested it was a fear of mortality. We don't like to see things age, let alone see things dead.
So I went walking and shot as many dead animals as I could find in 20 minutes. The most bazaar being two rainbow lorikeets, whole, lying where they fell. Like they both dropped out of the tree at the same time.

2 comments:

sez said...

maybe they saw a botoxed kew-ian smile + it killed them?

Unknown said...

Dead birds scare me but I seem to find them everywhere, its so sad to see something that was so free, so dead.

Is this an oxymoron:
'shot as many dead animals'